Monday, June 13, 2011

Summertime Soiree

The warm summer months are ideal for a backyard bbq, a dinner party on the deck or really any other outdoor event. I have been dying to invite some guests over and decorate our little townhouse patio, however, life has been just so hectic and I haven't had a second to pull anything together. If we manage to find a free weekend, I'd love to string some lights, hang some lanterns, light the walkway with candles, throw a pretty patterned table cloth over the patio set and enjoy a glass of sangria on a cool summer night with some friends.

Martha Stewart
I did have the opportunity this past weekend, however, to enjoy some seafood outside. Kyle and I had to dog and house sit for my in-laws in New Jersey (they are on a 9-day cruise. jealous) so my sister-in-law and her boyfriend came over for a clambake complete with crab legs, shrimp, scallops and of course some clams (mixed with little potatoes, corn & sausage). We lined the patio table with brown paper and spread out the feast before us to enjoy with our hands. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment