Thursday, July 5, 2012

On the 4th of July

I celebrated the 4th of July yesterday the gool ol' American way - with a parade, fireworks and hot dogs. I have to say, it was a pretty wonderful first July 4th as a resident of Oreland, and a resident of Oreland did I truly feel as I sat with several of my youth group girls and church friends and watched the firetrucks and floats march down the streets of our town. I felt like such a townie and loved every second of it.

A few of us escaped the high temps by crashing the home of a family from church to use their pool. We had a blast swimming and barbecuing in the backyard for the afternoon. I drove home later in the day, full, tried and sunburned, to my sick husband in bed. Poor Kyle missed out on the days festivities, but I was able to drag him out of bed to watch the fireworks light up the sky all throughout our neighboorhood.








No comments:

Post a Comment