Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Biggest Event of All

I can't think of a better way to begin my blog and introduce myself to all my readers (or lack there of. ha!), then to share my recent wedding planning adventures. After our fall engagement (which was exactly one year ago this weekend. yikes), I spent the next 9 months preparing for our May, 2010 wedding virtually on my own, and I loved [almost] every second of it. With the mother-of-the bride living more than 300 miles away and practically all of my bridal party, in-laws and guests being from out of town, most of the decision making, planning and arranging was left to the bride (and of course my saint of my then fiance). Months of internet research, phone calls, meetings with vendors, DIY projects, endless list-making, etc. resulted in truly the best day of our lives.




Bright colors and lots of texture, my flowers were more than I could have ever dreamed for our spring wedding


The Abington Art Center was the perfect venue for our wedding reception


Guests were greeted by a large centerpiece that adorned the place card table

The open-air pavilion was a beautiful setting and my DIY table numbers and unique flower centerpieces added some personal touches


The large gold frame statue was an ideal backdrop for bridal party pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment